Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I woke up this morning to gray skies and rain, which is completely normal for this time of year and then I realized that this time of year is December! December is quite special around here. It's the month of my sister's birthday. It's the month of the Winter Solstice and Christmas. It's the time of year that I love to curl up with a hot cup of tea and a good book. It's also shopping season for many. On our Christmas list we always include a book. Children or adults, a book is on the list.

We've been reading quite a few books at Ivy League-West. In fact, today we read our 100th book. Do you know what that means? Among other things it means a pizza party on Friday. It also means each child will be presented with a certificate and a very special book chosen just for them. I would love to include each and every one of you in our celebration, but I can't possibly make that much pizza! So instead we are doing a give away. We are giving away a very special book.

Kitten's First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes

To enter all you need to do is leave a comment here or on our facebook page. I'll announce the winner on December 13th. As part of our gift we will pay for shipping. This book is the perfect addition to any child's library. Wishing you all the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment